As part of the governmental precautionary and preventive measures taken to reduce the possibility of transmission of the COVD-19 virus infection (the new coronavirus), Al Durrah International School has studied all the suggested back-to-school scenarios provided by the Sharjah Private Education Authority (SPEA), our school leaders developed face-to-face and hybrid extendable learning plans for the First Term. We understand that some of you may have anxieties about sending your children back to school. However, we know that this will be best for their learning as well as their growth and well-being. We can assure you that all face-to-face teaching arrangements and in-school health and well-being protocols will be very closely monitored to ensure the highest possible levels of control and infection-prevention, in compliance with new health and safety protocols.
The school has already rearranged the classrooms and the learning spaces, to accommodate physical distancing throughout the school. All health and safety measures and protocols will be followed to keep our school community very safe. Some of these procedures
- Measuring the temperature of everyone who enters the school building on a daily basis.
- The students, staff and other people present in the school building or riding on school transportation vehicles are required to wear a face-covering.
- Implementing physical distancing guidelines as recommended by the relevant health authorities, and reducing the class size.
- Sterilizing the school building, classrooms, laboratories, and other facilities on a daily and weekly basis.
- Organizing and managing the students working day including mealtimes to avoid high concentrations of students in one place.
- Limiting gatherings and suspending group activities such as school trips, celebrations, sports events, and student camps. Reducing school bus capacity to 50% to ensure physical distancing, and measuring all passengers’ temperatures prior to boarding.
- Appointing additional trained health and safety officials as well as licensed nursing staff in our school to ensure compliance with health and safety protocols and requirements.