Al Durrah International School welcomes students from diverse backgrounds. In order to provide a high quality of education we need to understand as much as possible about children to determine whether ADIS will be a good match for them. All applicants to Al Durrah International School are therefore required to follow the same initial process when applying for admission.
Step 1: Application
Please visit the Admissions Office to complete the Application Form and arrange for an Interview / Assessment Test.
Please ensure that you complete all sections of the Application Form.
Step 2: Submit Documents
Please bring with you the following to Al Durrah International School Admissions Office:
A copy of the student’s passport with a valid residence visa
A copy of both parents’ passports with a valid residence visa
The original and a copy of the student’s and the parents’ Emirates ID
3 new photographs of the student
A copy of the vaccination card
A copy of the birth certificate
The UAE family book for locals
Original attested transfer certificate and Previous 2 year’s school report cards
- Study continuation certificate from current school
Copy of the child’s Health Insurance card (if available)
School health file
Step 3: Assessment
When all of the requisite paperwork (Step 2) has been received, you will be contacted by the Admissions office to arrange an Assessment Test. We will invite all applicants to our Admissions Office where they will undertake the Assessment Test and attend an interview (if required).
Step 4: Feedback
Following the Assessment Test and interview, please allow 2 working days to receive information regarding the result of the assessment. The outcome will be one of the following:
Offer of a guaranteed place
Place on the waiting list
Step 5: Transfer Certificate
Sharjah Private Educational Authority (SPEA) requires that every student be registered with them. In order to process this registration, parents must provide the School with a Transfer Certificate (TC) from the child’s previous school.
School uniform is compulsory at Al Durrah International School. Wearing the school uniform helps the students feel a sense of belonging to and pride in being members of Al Durrah International School. The similarity and closeness that brings them together make them feel socially responsible towards the school and the individuals, thus increasing confidence, respect and concern among the members of this community
Student Dress Code
Students must wear the designated school uniform.
- School P.E. uniform with plain white sport shoes are to be worn on P.E. days only.
- Full uniform must be worn following after school activities and when embarking on school trips.
- Plain white socks and plain black shoes must be worn on all school days.
- Students must always be dressed neatly and wear clean uniform.
- Boys must have short haircut. No shaved hairstyles and hair gel is not allowed.
- Girl’s hair should be tied back fully off the face.
- Student’s hair must be of a natural colour.
- Both male and female students must have short clean nails.
- Girls may not wear nail polish or makeup.
- Students may not wear jewellery, except for wristwatches.
- Students must be hygienically clean and neat.
ADIS offers a transportation service that covers Sharjah, Ajman, and Dubai.
- For inquiries about transportation, please contact Mr. Baraa Kahel, mobile number: 056-3984869; email: baraa.TRA@aldurrahint.ae
- In case of change in residence address, the transportation supervisor should be notified directly. The school will accommodate if there is availability in the bus, otherwise the school reserves the right to cancel if the bus is full.